Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Keeping SCORE

Home


A few years ago I learned about SCORE, formerly known as Service Core of Retired Executives and presently known as Counselors to America's Small Business.  This national organization is funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and is comprised of individuals who've worked and gained expertise in a wide variety of fields and are now volunteering to mentor those either thinking about starting a business, in the process of launching a business, or looking to grow an existing business.  You can find a mentor on their website or meet with one in person at your local SCORE office.  Each mentoring session is free.

I have met with a few different mentors over the years to discuss a variety of topics relative to my business, SKCreations, LLC, including my business plan, marketing and manufacturing, and a critique of my company website.  I have also attended several workshops which cost a modest fee.  My whole experience with SCORE has been immensely helpful to the growth of my business, and I value the services they provide more and more each time.  I've learned a lot since starting SKCreations, LLC, and discovered that there are some things I will hold on to as I continue my journey, and there are some things I will let go.  SCORE is definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment